What does an Online Physiotherapy Video Consultation look like?
Over the past couple of years we have noticed a trend where clients attend and are often very confused. They are in pain and have searched Google or YouTube for answers but found only short term if any benefit.
We have created a simple process from start to finish. You can have confidence that you are in good hands, Our expert listeners and have the knowledge to create a plan that will allow you to achieve your goal.
Our clinic Directors Train physiotherapists nationally and internationally on how to perform physiotherapy video consultations and as a team each week we improve our delivery through training.
In Preparation for your Online Physiotherapy Consultation you will:
- Fill in an online screening form so that we can know a little bit more about you and to help us best prepare for your consultation
- We sometimes do a Quick telephone call where the client wishes to have a chat prior to completing the online physiotherapy consultation
- Check that you have a phone our laptop/computer with sound and video
On the Video Consultation:
- We will find out what the problem you have is preventing you from doing
- Identify the reason for the symptoms you're experiencing
- Analyse your movements to identify areas of weakness or tightness
- Give you a clear plan
- Where possible offer a timeline
- Provide a detailed exercise program
- Follow up by providing your exercises via our app which you can download for free
Everything we do will be based around getting you back to That activity you love doing the most
How does it work?
The software that we use is called clinical and is a safe platform used by the physiotherapy profession around the world.
Your sessions are private and confidential.
When you book your video consultation Which can be done online via the links on this page or over the phone on 046 954 9456 the following steps will happen:
- You will receive a confirmation email for your appointment
- Within this email there will be a link which you click on for your physiotherapy video consultation. You will click on this link at the time of your appointment
- You will then be brought straight into the virtual treatment room with your physiotherapist
- Just one click and your in
- Within your confirmation email there will be some videos that you may wish to watch to explain further how the sessions were
- You will also receive a reminder email 24 hours before your appointment
If for some reason you are unsure about how to access your appointment please call us on 046 954 9456 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The key components that we require from your side are
- A quiet space
- The ability to see your movement's. Will often look at you in sitting on a chair and also doing some movements such as touching your toes/squatting etc
- If you also wear clothes that you would normally wear to a physio session
Security and compliance
All video calls are secured with end-to-end encryption and meet the same strict privacy and security standards. You can rest easy knowing your consultations are kept between just you and our clinic
● Shoulder Injuries – bursitis, rotator cuff tears and impingement
● Hip pain – hip bursitis, hip flexor irritation and hip arthritis
● People with long term pain who just want a plan to get back up and moving in a structured manner under guidance of a physio
● Sports Injuries ranging from ACL Tears to muscles injuries such as hamstring and calf pulls.
● General Weakness in the Muscles of the body. People who want an individualised exercise programme to keep them active
Online Rehabilitation Programmes
Here at Compass Physio we often see clients (some sports people, some clients who just want a plan and structure contact us for a rehabilitation programme)
We are experts in this.
After Your Physiotherapy Video Consultation:
- You will have an understanding of the step by step process to achieve your goals
- You will have an overview of the movements required to allow you to move to the next stage safely
- You will have a plan
One of the comments we hear most from our clients is “Thank You for giving me accountability and a Plan”
Your Individualized rehab programme will be sent to you via our app.
We can delve into as much accountability as you wish
We encourage clients to log their exercises on the app when completed and communicate with use using the app if they have any questions (Its like having a physio in your pocket, guiding you on your way”
The exercise progressions are controlled and based on your capability.
The programmes are simple to use and accessible in a couple of clicks. As ever we are available on the phone or online if you are unsure in any way.
The Analogy we use is that of a GPS System.
These days we put in an eircode and we have a step by step guide on how to get to the destination using technology
Occasionally we might like the novelty of going off road and using the map but often that leads to frustration and slow progress and in our families case getting lost on the way!
Your Online Rehabilitation Programme will have
- Clear Exercise Videos
- Sets and reps
- An Outline of when to do the exercises and when to rest
- A target for you to reach so we can push you on the next level
Online Physiotherapy Services For People with Long Term Pain
One of the clients that we work quite closely with on our Online Platform is people with chronic pain:
Often clients with chronic pain are fearful
- They may have attended other therapist before and not had much success
- They may have attended doctors and consultants and been offered a pain relief injections and surgeries without success
- They may be self-conscious about their bodies and attending for treatment
- Are often confused about where to turn next
- Feel like giving up
The Goal is to put you in control of your symptoms and your recovery through clear advice and a plan that is designed for you and WITH you.
We will gradually expose you to movements and this will allow you to adapt to the movements in a controlled way.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will my Private Medical Insurance Cover Video Consultations?
Private Health Insurers Including
- Irish Life
Cover Chartered Physiotherapy Video Consultations
Check your Individual Policy for more details
Do you need a GP Referral?
No, you do not need a GP referral for physiotherapy treatment with Compass Physio
What Online Platform do we use at Compass Physio?
Cliniko is our online software and works excellently on your computer or phone – you will get a link emailed to you and all you have to do at the time of your appointment is to click this and you will join your online Physio consultation.
I normally get Hands on Treatment, can an online session help to relieve my symptoms?
Yes, an online session can help you to get the same outcome and release your muscle tightness, only via a different way than you normally would. We can take you through a range of movements and create an exercise program that empowers you to be in control and feel great.
How can a physiotherapist treat me online?
You may be wondering how online physiotherapy consultations actually work, because the general perception of what a physiotherapist does is hands on manual therapy work with you, the patient, on the bed.
As Physiotherapists we still do hands on manual techniques but the expertise we have in assessing movement and proving corrections and rehabilitation achieve the majority of the outcomes we would achieve in a face to face session.
We can empower you to be pain free long term through our structured plans and have worked with clients throughout Ireland achieving this.
How do I pay for my online physiotherapy consultation?
If you complete an online booking, at the time of booking you will be asked to process the payment through our online booking system to confirm your booking.
If you book over the phone, we will take your payment over the phone at the time of booking.
If there are any questions you have that we have not covered then feel free to reach out to us and we will be happy to advise you
You can contact us on 046 954 9456 or via the email on email@example.com